Since my breakup I have been trying to seriously redirect my energy into me. I want to be the woman I was when he and I first met, full of life - optimism - faith - fearless.
.....time only goes forward.
All those characteristics all dwell inside of me *they are hiding though* my goal is to nuture these positive traits, its hard but I am trying.
Recently on a group board I am apart of in FB, a question was posed asking people to fill in the blanks "what I like about________ is______" which is usually a popularity string and full of ego boosting. Yes that took place but what most suprised me was there was an overall theme to my description from group members " real, positive, frank, funny, strong" normally I wouldn't even go and entertain this type of stuff - but something about this made me smile.
I realized that I am changing and evolving. My work is not going in vain. I remember hearing several times throughout my life from various older women that as you age, you mature and become more confident in yourself. Never have I felt so sure about who I am - yes I still have some insecurities about things.....but they are all things I can change.
1 comment:
Now that is a wonderful news
Post a Comment