Monday, November 12, 2012

So I guess this is dating....

Saturday I had not one but two dates *does a jig*

Although I had those two dates it was anything but memorable, however let me introduce you to Nails and Beard....lol - let me explain.

I "met" Nails on POF, his profile was very detailed and intriquing so I reached out. He also has a job at BP Corporate Office as a Helpdesk employee = employed. We hit it off via messaging and eventually spoke on the phone. After a couple of weeks I finally requested we meet in person....at Starbucks. Why Starbucks? Its no pressure and reasonably priced. I went in there after a morning of voting so there wasn't any real effort put into my appearances just jeans, sweater and tennis shoes. I had just taken my braids out so I rocked a curly fro and no make-up. So not me but he passed the test nonetheless, I apologized for my appearance and he asked why I was apologizing :) The conversation was great and he shared his very interesting upbringing. He really stood naked before me mentally, how intelligent and emotionally strong one must be to go through what he has....yet still is a functioning adult who is on a great road to success.

Now on to why I call him Nails, well its because he actually paints his names....*give you a minute to soak that in fully* He was very upfront with this in our phone conversation and explained that in Egyptian times mate's would dye their nails which would reflect social status. I being the non-judgemental type just went with the flow. If nothing else he could be a friend I suppose.

Saturday I woke up to a text message asking if I wanted to see Flight, and although I was hungover from a Friday night of MUCH craziness I said sure....we were to meet at a mall for the 1:40 show. Of course being hungover I woke up late and jetted on over to the movie theater which is normally 25 minutes I got there in 15 minutes....the movie is worth seeing by the way. Nails sported a nice shellac color on his nails - damn his nails are painted better than mines. We have a bite to eat and discuss religion. Did you know South Park is going Broadway with Morman, if you never saw that episode on South Park, do it now! Hilarious.

Truthfully I am a bite uncomfortable with the nail polish and upset with myself because he honestly thinks I am comfy with it. No man of mines will paint their nails. He says he has over 28 colors.....then on Saturday actually sent me a picture of his freshly painted blue toe nails.....I left with a kiss on his cheek.

 

Yeah he is officially a friend..........ONLY.

As I was leaving the theater, I saw I had a missed call from Beard. I met Beard the night before over my good girlfriend's family house. He is a bigger guy, has a job with the city and has a.....wait for it.....Beard. A nicely trimmed beard may I add. He was getting off work and wanted to hang out, I was already back out the burbs where I live and not trying to drive back to the city after being there most of the day at the movies.....plus my stomach hurt from being hungover the night before. I told him I could meet him somewhere out by me and we decided to meet at an upscale bowling alley near me. There was a 45 minute wait so we decided to head up the street to a local sport bar/restaurant. He didn't talk much but showed a lot of affection. Well affection in my definition....I am not the most affectionate person. Especially not with someone I just met the night before. Although there wasn't any touchy feely going on his liked my hands and wanted to, in his words "hold them all night" I let him hold them when he liked. We had burgers and watched the Bulls and Notre Dame games. We laughed a bit, talked a bit about his past and his days on the train line. I drove him back to his car at the bowling alley and we sat there a while just chatting a listening to music, after about an hour we departed ways with a kiss on the cheek.

So basically dating........I guess that is what I am doing after being with Slim for years and now meeting folks with different personalities....strange to nothing memorable. It was cool to have people who wanted to spend time with me and make me laugh. I have learned that I don't like the nicknames folks want to insist on calling you -

"Babe"
"Sweetie"
"Honey"

All that cutesy ish can be removed from any conversation with me. If you can't address me by my name then don't address me period....especially if we have no relationship or real time invested.

Slowly but surely I learning more and more about me, my wants as well as what makes me happy. I guess this is what everyone has been telling me to do "Learn to love yourself so your next will be your best"

1 comment:

Jai SheHa said...

You are just FABULOUSLY HILARIOUS!