Friday, August 12, 2011

The Beginning

Let me introduce you to my new place.....(excuse the crappiness of the photos it was on my crap-tastic HTC Hero which is breaking one function at a time - currently speaker is out so rings can NOT be heard along with any audio *sad face*).

I wish I had a picture of the dumpster at our old place....you wouldn't believe how much sh%^ you have until moving time aka the big purge.


<----Dining Room
Which was a blessing I let Slim have our apt's round stone table. His coworker moved to a high-rise downtown and didn't need a dining room anymore. So get this she saold it to me for 100.00 plus the chairs it was wrapped and just needed to be transported to my place....SCORE!




Kitchen ------->
Its pretty bare and non-functioning right now. Slim and I both were like "over it" by the Wednesday before it was our final day to turn in our keys. So everything went in the trash....as you can imagine 6 years of accumulation is A L O T



<---Living Room
Yeah so the boxes in the middle of the floor are full of books. The two chairs against the wall are gifts from my co-worker (they are supper comfy) and yep that's it. I let Slim have the living room/dining room. Not mad but ready for it to look a bit more homey.




Bedroom---->





Just about the only solace I have in the whole damn apartment. I love my bed and I love purple.




So as you can see I am living like some damn bachelor/college student right now. I just remind myself that this is what starting over is all about. A FRESH START. There are a few things you can't see in these pictures because I got frustrated with the camera and didn't have the patience to take my time and focus (I will take those pictures eventually) :





  • My Bedroom is truly a MASTER bedroom. I have so many plans for it and I absolutely ADORE my closet. Everything about my bedroom is huge (outside of me, lol)


  • My hall closets...OMG this place has thee best closet space, honestly!


  • My living has a patio door facing the trees....thank goodness I can not wait to get my patio set out there and a fire pitt (I am thinking maybe on this but wouldn't it be great for winter)


  • I plan to paint some of the walls, the place just seems much bigger with the white walls and I want a more comfy, welcoming feel. Slim jokes that he already sees my African masks and art in my condo - yeah so!






  • I just love my new place, I can't lie



Yes, this is my humbled beginning and I share it with my "non-existent" readers out there.

1 comment:

Jai SheHa said...

We all must start somewhere and the bones of the house are fine and I am already picturing the beauty of the place when it is complete.