Monday, July 25, 2011

Women Fall Fast and Men Fall Hard?

Does this reign true for you?

I can honestly only speak for myself. The answer is about 70% true for me. In all of my relationships/flings most of the time I got myself far over my head than I initially thought. I swear I am a sucker for a smooth brother who has enough arrogance not to be annoying and confidence to not be obnoxious. But in all honestly the only two guys who ever had me wrapped around their finger is Slim and Hustler....don't judge me.

With Bricks I have been taking it as slow as possible, though its hard because the flesh is hard to resist (his upper torso is gorgeous!). But I truly am going to stick to my guns for now and create a friendship with this man. Though he wants me to be his woman I just can't run into the arms of him and allow him to have me. Each time we speak or are in each others presence I have to remind myself not to get too carried away but flashback to the last 14 years of my track record in relationships. iCan't end up 35 years old and still using the formula I was using at 21 in terms of relationships.....ijustcan't I need more and have expressed this to him enough times that he says "he gets it." Yeah well he is doing a good job so far and so am I #patsonback

In one of our conversations we spoke about being serial monogamous.....yep he is one of those people, and it's confirmed by his family, lol. From one relationship to the next. His wife was his JHS sweetheart and after he returned from the Peace Corp at age 19 he married her right on up. He attends church (plus) and is totally a gentleman despite his upbringing with his family. He has been in two relationships since his divorce and they were both long-term.

What came out of the conversation was nothing but truth - He and I both admitted that although people have lots to say about us in relationships. Its a great feeling to be wanted/had and love by someone consistently. So I challenged him and myself to take this as slow as possible while getting to know one another. B-U-D-D-Y, let's see how long we can go.....

I have to admit though I am a sucker and feel myself liking him alot. Just have to remind myself of the 14 years I just endured and what I truly want in life. I have never been single too long....

No comments: